Omg nooooo!!!!!!!!!!

JordonMier

Reefing newb
So as my girlfriend and I are eating dinner my 3 month old $400 LED light hood on my 28g jbj nano cube just burnt up I'm assuming :shock:. It made a *zapp* noise then shut off. It smells like a fried circuit in my apartment. We were just sitting on the couch and this happened...... No water was on or near the top of the hood and after removing the hood and looking at it it does not appear to have and water leaks in the seals of the hood. I didn't fill out warranty info in the 14 days it says to on the website. I might cry I've been so patient with this tank and used every bit of advice everyone here has given me! Does anyone know anything I can do? I am saving up for school right now so I cant replace the hood which costs around 379 bucks. Any help is great as I don't want my corals to die.

Do you still have the receipt at least? If anything, it never hurts to call the place you got it from, or the manufacturer. If you bought it online, check your email for receipts, etc. At this point, you have nothing to loose by calling. I know people who've had tanks' top braces break and the manufacturers sent them new braces at no cost.

Your corals will be fine without light for several days -- even up to a week. That will give you some time to sort things out.

The tank will be fine without lights for a while, so even just a little light should be ok. The sun doesn't shine 7 days a week anyway :)

Dammit. ninja'd again LOL

Contact the manufacturer. It should have at least a year warranty on it regardless of whether the info was filled out or not, especially if you have the receipt.

Very true and thank you guys so much for the help so far. What do you guys think of the evo50? Its only 200 and my GF is willing to help me pay for it!!!!

Back