Omg! Omg! Omg!!!!

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
:bowdown:

Look what i just found in MY OVERFLOW!!! Woohoo! :mrgreen:

The last one... i think. Hear him clicking away every night and morning and I've seen him once or twice but he would never come out of the rocks. I don't know how he ended up in the overflow. I check it periodically, since it's so easy to see in mine and it's huge, because i get snails and stuff in there. Took a look today and couldn't believe my eyes. :D It was a bit of a fight to get him out, he was really pissed at the net. lol

954920536_N5Qk8-O.jpg

HA!

Ya, well this was just DUMB LUCK!
I tried traps and stuff to no avail and I definitely didn't have the patience to lure him out with food on a stick.
The only hard part was chasing him around the overflow with the net because i have all those pipes in there and some tight corners/crevices for him to hide in. He was really snapping on the net's frame. The vibration i could feel at the handle was amazing. Lil' bastard. lol

Haha! Awesome catch! Are your other mantis in the sump still?
No, i gave them away. I'm afraid to keep them in there. What happens when i go to trim my cheato? :shock:

wow very nice catch... its a shame theyre so evil i think theyre beautiful.
I know... especially the peacock ones. I just don't think I want to deal with keeping a species specific second tank.

Man Dennis, I wish I was closer I've been looking for one for a while. He's a beaut! Nice catch

WOW! You are extremely lucky! that is awsome great job! i cant believe he got himself caught in the overflow lol

Wow! You are a master mantis hunter! I'm amazed it took very little effort. Yote will be jealous.
When it comes to catching a Mantis.I'll take lucky over being good any day.:D

Apparently not this one. It got stuck in the overflow!

Even the smartest critters make mistakes.If they didnt,a hunter would never be able to harvest em.:shock:

Great catch Dennis.:bounce: But I would have placed him back in the tank.:Cheers:
I have one of the green ones in my tank now thats about 1 1/2 to 2" long.But for right now,I have no plans to try to catch him.He dont bother anything except pods.I cant even get him to take a silverside off my feeding stick.

lights out was five minutes ago and i keep hearing this click every few minutes... just one click then quiet for a while then another... could it be :(

hahaha classic, good find on the mantis though, i wonder if anything is in my overflow at the moment?

Back