OMG Plumbing!!!

Kizmar

#derpface
I gotta say... Trying to find the right plumbing pieces to fit my existing bulkheads to change over to PVC is killing me. I have a higher respect for people that do this for a living. I'm pulling my hair out.

I'm too afraid to change out the bulkheads in my tank for overflow and return (fear that I'll dump water everywhere). The current bulkheads are made for flex tubing and I want to convert to Sch40 PVC. I know the return bulkheads fit 3/4" ID tubing, but I have yet to figure out what fits the overflow bulkheads. All I know is that inside the tank the bulkheads fit 1" slip.

And in case you were wondering, the crazy flex tubing currently on my overflow bulkheads going to the sump came with the sump and I've never seen the same stuff anywhere.

Frustrated. Now I have to head back to the hardware store for larger tubing to see what will fit this crazy bulkhead. :grumble:

Can you turn off your pumps and drain the overflow?
Then it should be pretty easy to change out.
When adding new bulkheads, it doesn't matter which direction you install them, as long as the rubber gasket is on the wet side.

look at lowes or home depot the fittings are called sharkbites at least thats how they are sold to us you just need a tubing to pvc adapter or maybe a cts dresser coupling

Can you turn off your pumps and drain the overflow?
Then it should be pretty easy to change out.
When adding new bulkheads, it doesn't matter which direction you install them, as long as the rubber gasket is on the wet side.

I can, but it won't be pretty. I know changing the bulkheads would be best in the long run. I should probably just bite the bullet and do it, which means I can return a bunch of stuff. :D

look at lowes or home depot the fittings are called sharkbites at least thats how they are sold to us you just need a tubing to pvc adapter or maybe a cts dresser coupling

I found all the pieces I need... However... They cause an issue with space and room to get the overflows in the new sump. More reason I should just change the bulkheads. Phooey.

Ya, at least it's harder to drown via bad plumbing than electrocute yourself via bad electrical! I did all that crazy plumbing without much issue but I called in an electrician to add my new circuits and outlets. Screw that noise. :)

Since your doing this and I'm thinking of doing this, how does the water drain into your sump? I have a prefab sump where the flex hose connects to the drip plate cover. I can do all the plumbing stuff but haven't figured out how I would be able to remove that cover again once I glue up the PVC. I guess the pipe would flex enough but am unsure.

Since your doing this and I'm thinking of doing this, how does the water drain into your sump? I have a prefab sump where the flex hose connects to the drip plate cover. I can do all the plumbing stuff but haven't figured out how I would be able to remove that cover again once I glue up the PVC. I guess the pipe would flex enough but am unsure.

Unions are useful in the drain and return line. Makes for easy removal of equipment for cleaning

Back