OMG, WTF. Need some help to save a Friend.

Ninja Spear

Bloodsail Admiral
SO, Yesterday I noticed a "abrasion" on the Side of My Clown fish. Which by the way is known as "The Giver." Anyways I thought it was because he chased one of my other critters away from his True Love, His Anem. And the Abrasion was Kind of big and Bubbled off his side. no sweat. He is a 4 year old fish.

Any way today he has a Friggin Circle shaped hole in the side of him and the skin is gone to reveal a Nasty pencil eraser sized hole.

Any Ideas as to what this is? This is My Buddy. I enjoy the piss out of him. HELP.
IMG_0451.jpg

HELP ME!

OMG it looks like someone shot him. Call the FBI.... I will start searching on the web I have no idea but I need to find out.

found this on the web dont put hands in the tank unless you have gloves on. ). The fish looks like tiny chunks have been torn out of it's body. The wound edges are bloody
if_yes.gif
The fish has open tuberculosis. Do not reach into the tank if you have cuts on your hands or other open breaks in the skin. Take care!!! This can be spread to humans.
if_yes.gif
Treat with: Kanamycin + Vitamin B-6. Treat for up to 30 days.

It looks like either tuberculosis or vibriosis, which is bacterial and will usually heal on its own. If the fish seems to worsen or if it spreads, you will need to quarantine the fish and treat with antibiotics.

I'm not 100% sure. Someone with more experience in fish diseases will chime in soon, I'm sure. Hang in there! We're all pulling for your buddy.

Do you have a tang?

It is very very possible it is as mentioned tubreculosis or vibriosis.

I had a similar issue with one of my perculas about 8 years ago, she got stabbed by one of my tangs during a feeding frenzy. I left my clown alone and she healed on her own.

You should qaurantine her though just in case.

Sorry this is the best information I can find based on the picture. Either you have something that took a bite out of him or it is what I found and posted earlier. Be very careful with your tank. I dont know what you do for a living but if you have any cuts dont get them wet. Get some big gloves. If it was me I would watch him very close and then determine if you need to do a hospital tank and treatment.

Well, I did some Searching myself, most of the above info seems to be what I found. Upon further review of The Giver I found that more scales look to be abraided towards the fish's head Tho they are Touching the Wound, They are not in seperate spots Just making a bigger one.

I will Set up a Five gallon Bucket with a pump tomorrow and get some anti bacterial meds for The Giver.
Any suggestions for a Medicine?

Thanks

So the Hole Seems to Be healing on The Giver's Side. I haven’t done anything to help my fish out. After a Long Night of Drinking and worrying about my fish I Figured I might as well just let it Ride out in the tank instead of moving it to the Hospital o' five gallon bucket, and Possible Stressing the Mess out her.

Edges seem to be healing and the Center of the Wound is filling in. So My Guess was it is a Puncture Wound of Some kind from a Small rock formation Next to the Anem.

Back