one more time...

lilduud

Reefing newb
so i know ive posted about this in the past... i had asked about these incredibly small brown worm/slug like things that were crawling on my glass in the thousands. they seem to have disappeared from the glass for the most part [although i do clean it often]. however there have been a few long thing hairs almost, of this odd brown algae that have lingered. theres only been one or two pieces in my overflow but it has been a long while since i noted any. well ive been trying to catch my angel fish and have been leaving the net sitting in the tank and today the 5th or 6th day its been in there, i noticed some of the same hairs moving around in the current. i turned the water off and observed... once the water was calm the hairs seemed to separate into what looks like a clear slime containing thousands of little brown specs... if the water gets calm enough and i look with a magnifying glass very closely they appear to be the same worm like creatures now living in some slime net. i was hoping this new symptom would help reach an answer because its been a mystery until now... heres a photo of the strands. i dont have a good enough camera to show them when the current is off.
thanks in advance!

e44aa471.jpg

ive been looking around again and i have no idea if this is it but it happens to look like the same shape if i could magnify it more.... it may be a type of diatom Pleurosigma angulatum, the only thing is i cant find anything about them infecting aquariums..... :(

circleexlarge04.jpg

ive been looking around again and i have no idea if this is it but it happens to look like the same shape if i could magnify it more.... it may be a type of diatom Pleurosigma angulatum, the only thing is i cant find anything about them infecting aquariums..... :(

circleexlarge04.jpg

Back