Orange protrusion on Green Chromis with PIC

ratherbecampin

Reefing newb
Please help me with this if you can. Just bought these fish on Sunday May 11th at a store that is new to me. Asked for two Chromis from the tech in the store. Didnt look at the fish before I left the store, I know dumb, feel like I got took advantage of. My friends wouldnt drop me off at a store because of a problem and I don't wanna give up on him. One of the chromis' has a orange protrusion coming out of his head. It resembles a wart on the hand in shape and appearance. Cant seem to find anything on it by searching google or peering around on here. Sorry if this has been covered before.

Attachments

• IMAG0243.jpg
    IMAG0243.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 432
  • IMAG0245.jpg
    IMAG0245.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 461
Looks like a tumor of some sort. Is he eating? If he is, I'd leave it alone....hopefully it IS a tumor, and not a parasite that could lay eggs :shock:

Thanks Smitty, I have noticed that you consistently give ideas and advice on the site since I've been browsing. Can't thank you enough for your insight on things. That's what makes a forum bad, good or great. Being my first aquarium oriented forum to be a part of I give this one a great rating. Thanks again!

Back