Parrot's 150 Long

Marcah, I was out of power for 3 days. Some people at work still have no power! What town do you live in? Once my tank is up to speed we should have a frag swap! Did you lose power? Luckily no trees fell in my yard.

I live in granby near westover ARB and we were out til thursday morning.. my backyard looked like a battlefield once the oaks split apart everywhere.. lost some nice bushes out front, still have to finish cleaning them.:grumble: the tree removal process is so much slower then the downing of the trees ..

Brian, those rocks have magnets in them and are secured to the overflow that way.

That's pretty cool and easy! The setup looks great! Now get to draining it so you can get some saltwater in there finally. I'm not sure if you're aware of this but, the members of LR have been waiting a very long time to see this build up and running ;)

Wow, yea I used to live in belchertown! Was your tank ok? Brian, I'm excited too! I'm making rodi water as we speak. I've gotta go to a military event tomorrow so hopefully I'll get to it tomorrow night. Going to get some live rock to seed the rest of the tank Tuesday.

I lived in belchertown for a couple years just off route 9 where the driving range is now coming from ware take a right across the street, that town has really grown and yes the tank is on a generator but came close to running out of propane used 120 gallons in 4 days to keep things up and going had 10 gallons left when we finally got through to them..:shock:

the generator controls the heat and air conditioning in the house, waterpump (since not on city water) alot of the outlets, microwave, fish tanks, no lights except porch lights so a few lamps get plugged in all in all it runs about half the house..

ugh, so the tank's filled and now just cycling - frustrated, because that acrylic box (for the scrubber) I had made is just too large to really fit well with the system, so I'm going to have to get a new one. Which means it'll get here next week while I'm out of town and I won't have any filtration til then. Annoys me that I won't be able to be officially finished until then!

Let the algae take hold!!

The vortechs have been slowly eroding the sand away from the front of my tank with all the undertow they're creating! I'm thinking almost any situation where I position them, it's going to happen to an extent. I even surrounded the area with small rocks to try to prevent the erosion, with no luck!

These bare spots look kind of awful right at the front of my tank, but I was thinking of maybe putting some zoas there once it's mature enough. Any other suggestions for dealing with it?

The vortechs have been slowly eroding the sand away from the front of my tank with all the undertow they're creating! I'm thinking almost any situation where I position them, it's going to happen to an extent. I even surrounded the area with small rocks to try to prevent the erosion, with no luck!

These bare spots look kind of awful right at the front of my tank, but I was thinking of maybe putting some zoas there once it's mature enough. Any other suggestions for dealing with it?

I am having the same problem with mine. I even have a heavier sand then you. Still will make a bare spot within a week. I have tried the rocks and the bare spot just moves a little bit but is still there. Let me know if you come up with a sulution. The tank looks awsome. One of my clowns always moves the sand at night to make a bed which is way more annoying then what the vortechs do. Guess the only way to fix it is go with a bare bottom. Awsome vids what do you use to record them?

Tank looks great. Love the aquascaping. :)

I had the same problem with the sand in the front corner of my tank, creating what looked like a little beach. lol
Give it time, get a bunch of corals in there, etc.
And are you running the vortechs at full power? I'm probably closer to half.

Thanks guys.
I do have them turned up pretty high, but I need them that high because of the length of my tank. They're a full 6 feet away from each other. Hopefully as the sand gets older it gets more "sticky". I think I'll find the natural gaps and just put down zoas to mat it down.

Yeah, that would be sweet. I went to the fish store to get a filter sock, and he gave me a rock of my old green nuclear green palys! I hope they make it with the tank so new, but the levels are decent and the corals are pretty hardy, so I think it'll be alright.

Back