Pep shrimp ?

No one is in chat so im forced to post another thread! ugh...

Fed my black sun coral and dentro's and im watching the tank. AFTER the black sun coral gets the mysis shrimp down its belly, a pep shrimp goes up to it and literally sticks its claw into the black sun coral polyp and pulls out the mysis shrimp....what can i do to get him not to do it? The pep shrimp is fed well and idk y he would do that, same thing with my emerald crab and my other sun coral, everytime i feed it, before it can swallow it, the emerald will go steal the food out its mouth. F$%kin bastards, its beyond irritating and would like some advise on getting them to stop it.

Cut a soda bottle in half, and when you fees the corals you can put the bottle over them to give them time to digest it before the shrimp gets to their food.

Or get a wooden spoon or paint stirrer and whack them away every time they come near the corals. I always have to stand there and beat the fish and inverts away from my corals after feeding. :(

Thanks bl1 that's what I'll have to do, biff that's what I ended up doing, I reached in and squirted water at him with the turkey baster, but he just kept going back... I'll just have to try the soda bottle thing.

Or get a wooden spoon or paint stirrer and whack them away every time they come near the corals. I always have to stand there and beat the fish and inverts away from my corals after feeding. :(
ROFL! I did that for a while... and it only really worked in the beginning with my pep shrimp and hermit crabs(yes those lil buggers would crawl like zombies toward the sent of shrimp!) But once my fish figured out what was going on I had no chance! Those guys are so bold they think me whacking them with the stick is all a game! :fechten2::chair::frustrat:

ROFL! I did that for a while... and it only really worked in the beginning with my pep shrimp and hermit crabs(yes those lil buggers would crawl like zombies toward the sent of shrimp!) But once my fish figured out what was going on I had no chance! Those guys are so bold they think me whacking them with the stick is all a game! :fechten2::chair::frustrat:

Yep.I know how that goes.matter of fact,I can pretty much count on either getting bit or stung when I'm trying to keep the fish away from my corals.

Back