percula clown tankmate?

dwinzent

Reefing newb
i have heard that if you put two clowns in a tank together they eat each other but is that only for the same species or all species i have a percula and i wanted to add a black and white ocellaris would they get along or will they fight? also live aquarias compatability chart says that they cannot be kept with eels is it just because they will be eaten?

Last edited:
If you planning on a pair of clowns,they really need to be the same type.So since you have the perc,the new clown will also need to be a perc.And it either needs to quiet a bit bigger,or a lot smaller than the one you already have.

Weather or not they can be kept with an eel,depends on what kind of eel it is.

i wanted a snowflake morray. but anyway i did not really want to mate them i just wondered if they would still fight if they were different species sorry i wasnt clear on that. also i have seen that snowflake morrays cannot be kept with inverts does that mean they will eat my crabs, snails, and god forbid my conch! ir is it just soft inverts like shrimp and slugs?

If the clowns arent the same species,their going to fight.If there the same species but the new clown is close to same size as the estabilished clown,their going to fight.
As for the snowflake eel.They are the least aggressive and generally peaceful.But its still a predator.As such,it will eat stuff like shrimp and small fish when it gets a chance.

Eels are not safe around inverts and small fish, so if you want an eel you're going to have to accept that your other animals may go missing. As to the clown, Yote is right. They will likely kill each other if they are two different types of clowns. Only keep one type per tank, and keep a maximum of two at that.

It is possible to keep both percs and false percs (which black are). This is where misbars come from ;) Though it is a bit more difficult during the pairing stage.

Back