pest ??

jarock

Reefing newb
Today i noticed my kenya tree and bubble were not looking well tonight i see a small hole on one my of bubbles of my bubble coral and the kenya tree looks terrible, the cats paw died today would that cause the water to change? Also i have a file fish are they known to eat these types of corals ? and another thing when i put the cats paw in the water i seen a quarter sized crab run out of the cats paw bright purple crab could not identify if it was good or bad since he went into the rocks pretty fast .

not sure if there's enough meat on the paw to cause a water issue, Kenya's do look funny on occasion could be just coincidence, the crab if purple is probably a bad guy and poked a hole just for fun, if you have carbon use some and probably a water change is in order, pic's if you have them!

The crab was probably an acro crab, which are beneficial to SPS. I have noticed sometimes corals like colts and kenyas close up before a growth spurt. I have never had a bubble, so I'm no help there.

The crab was probably an acro crab, which are beneficial to SPS. I have noticed sometimes corals like colts and kenyas close up before a growth spurt. I have never had a bubble, so I'm no help there.

Now that you mention that, every time my Kenya closes up and loks funny, it gets bigger within the next couple days!

Back