Petco Sale

Discussion in 'Vendor Evaluations' started by raylmaier, Nov 15, 2011.

1. raylmaier

shahrzad1893

I never buy any fish for my tank at petco (i did once)
    All their fish are covered in ich last time i went
    and the last fish I got there years ago made a lot of my other fish sick :/ I lost a few fish then
    If you do want a fish from there I recommend that you have a quarantine tank

shahrzad1893, Nov 15, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. raylmaier

jcegt87 Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!

as is recommended for any fish/coral going into our tanks, yet most of us probably dont quarantine and trust our LFS

jcegt87, Nov 16, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. raylmaier

Marines_Wife

Ill be honest I have no idea who my fish guys whole saler is, however knowing the LFS I go to, and the guy who has his whole sale license so he can buy from them.....I doubt they are getting anything that was obtained illegally.

Marines_Wife, Nov 16, 2011
  4. raylmaier

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

My local Petco's fish all look sickly and covered in ich. Their clowns are huge, but look very pale, rather than vibrant.

wontonflip, Nov 16, 2011
  5. raylmaier

ErinCahir Sausage Wrangler

Petsmart doesn't sell saltwater fish... and the majority (if not all) of the freshwater fish come from breeding facilities (which may not be the best conditions... but you take what you can get).

ErinCahir, Nov 17, 2011
  6. raylmaier

ZyberGoby Because I'm clever VIP Member

There are 2 petco's by me that sell saltwater friends. one the place is nice tanks look well kept. and is in a more country area the other is here by my work in Albany and looks like crap and poorly kept if any thing were to be bought from the Albany shop I'd QT it right quick and talk them down in price... it is animal cruelty how they treat there saltwater friends yet the dogs and cats and other animals and there areas are well kept. I don't get it how a place can be so damn negligent to there fish friends. but as for all my LFS's here such as davey jones, coral king, eddies, mcmurphys, swampbottom I can trust them do to there QT center they have and how things are in there shops CLEAN and daily posting of pram's at some of them.

ZyberGoby, Nov 19, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question