ph READER

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
Ok, so I just recalibrated my PH reader (per the directions) and everything checked out. So, I put it in the tank, and it says my pH is pretty low 7.8!!! I cross checked it with a pH kit, and the kit said I was at 8.2. I recalibrated the reader in the fluid, and it still said 7 and 10 (the ph reader solution)...

Now I'm not 100% what my pH is and a little concerned. Any ideas why the reader might not be doing so well?

Alex

just did 2 tests from 2 diff companies, both showing pH a little high (since I dosed it with PH up when I thought it was low!!!!!)
Weird, I think something's wrong with the calibration fluid or the machine itself...

Which PH meter are you using?
Try some new calibration fluid.Then if that dont do it,check it against another meter or test kit that you know is right.
If you cant trust it,you dont need it.If the meters reading wrong,send it back.

Thank yote.
I'm using a pinpoint....I use it in the tank all the time, I never turn it off/take it out...
I'd be remiss to take it back, I relied on it.
Think it'd be bad to calibrate it against the pH in the tank as measured by the 2 test kits?

I dont see what it would hurt to calibrate it that way.But I think I would try another batch of fluid too.

can u test the fluid with the ph kit you got the 8 reading with? just to see, if the fluid is reading right on the tape then u feel better about thinking ur probe is bad? i don't test anything yet, not setup. just wonder about a test the tester kind of thing?:question:

Back