phos. level high

imdaring

love my reef
what would be the fastest way to get my Phos. levels down they are at 2.5
doing a 15 gal water change tonight after the kids are in bed,

??? I think its because I had a algea scrubber set up and about 2 months ago my pump for it quit so I just pulled it out for now because I'm setting up a new 90 gal tank in about 3 weeks and I didn't want to buy another pump that I wouln't use again, the one I have for the new tank was to big and it was spraying water all over ... so I think when the scrubber was up and running all the phos. were sucked up in that

Or else, you can try chemi-pure "elite". That's what I use on my tank, and it does great. Keeps all my levels undetectable.

Phosban or ChemiPure would work. If you are not using RODI water, you can introduce phosphates that way. Tap water and well water often contain high phosphates. Water changes with RODI water is the fastest way to get them down, but then you'll have to figure out what made them get so high in the first place, and fix that.

Yep, algae will consume phosphates, so removing your scrubber meant that you removed that algae that up until now, has been removing the phosphates from your system.

I DO HAVE A FUGE BUT NO MICRO JUST FINISHED THE 15 GAL WATER CHANGE, I'M KINDA STUCK TILL WE MOVE INTO THE HOUSE NO SPACE RIGHT NOW SHOULD i PICK UP A BUNCH OF MICRO OR SHOULD I JUST KEEP DOING WATER CHANGES TILL THE MOVE

what would be the fastest way to get my Phos. levels down they are at 2.5
doing a 15 gal water change tonight after the kids are in bed,

I'd do a 50% change. Most of the beneficial bacteria is in the rocks and sand so it will not cause a cycle.

did a 15 gal water change last night , went and got a chunk of the dence micro algea and tossed it in the display tank because I have no lights set up right now in the sump, tested the PO4 =1.0 so it dropped 1.5ppm and I also tested nitrate and it has dropped, from 20-10

the clam was out a little but is back in the shell again

Cheato has kept my phosphates at zero. I don't even do phosphate tests. I just watch my plate coral --if he looks a bit bad I know my phosphates are rising.

Back