Pink spot on Aquarium Glass

PRC

Stop Quoting Me!
The other day I noticed a very light pink spot on the front of my aquarium glass at the sand level. I scraped it off with the magnetfloat. Came off easy, a few rubs and it was gone.

Today I noticed a similar pink spot, different location on the tank, but again at the sand level.

My parameters are good. I check them everyday.
Tank finished cycling 2 weeks ago.
Temp isn't fluctuating.
Not over feeding, fish are eating normal.
I added an additional Koralia to the tank yesterday, I'm certain I have good flow.

I HAVE been running the MH lights about 8-10 hrs a day...

Any thoughts of what this might be? It's such a light pink, that unless you're really examining the tank, you'd miss it, more or less see through.

I like it on the rocks, but don't want it on the glass, so I just continue to remove it as I see it correct? In general, do we just let it grow on the back of the tank, that seems to be what I see with established tanks.

I scrape it off the sides and front, and let it grow on the back. A razor blade attachment for the MagFloat comes in handy for this :)

I scrape it off the sides and front, and let it grow on the back. A razor blade attachment for the MagFloat comes in handy for this :)

There's an attachment for the mag floats with a razor?!?!?

My coraline grows so fast on my glass. I've let it take over the back and sides. I don't mind it much though.

Now when the calcium and alkalinity start droppin like rocks,you know where its goin.:mrgreen:
I just let it grow on the back glass.But TRY to keep it off the front and sides.Sometimes I think that more I scape,the faster it grows.:grumble:

I am still impressed with how fast people post. I tried to post with a picture right after this post came up. I got a (an administrator needs to review) I did about 10 min of research and found this Coralline. I have troubles be-leaving that I have it growing already in a week old tank....

Thank you for Checking Yote. Things are moving along quickly on my tank. I see small hair algea growing on the live rock now and the sand has turned a bit brown on top.

I am still impressed with how fast people post. I tried to post with a picture right after this post came up. I got a (an administrator needs to review) I did about 10 min of research and found this Coralline. I have troubles be-leaving that I have it growing already in a week old tank....

looks like diatoms but could be cyano in the early stages as well. If your tank is new then its probably diatoms for sure...Here is the common algae tank cycle in order from start to finish.. brown (diatoms), red (cyano), green (hair algae), and last but not least purple (coraline).

Back