Pipe Organ

JustinsReefTank

Reefing newb
As most of you know I have got my 37 Gallon up and running. I have a pipe organ coral that is on a round frag. I was wondering if I can take it off the frag and place on my rocks?? If yeah how and what should I do to attach it to its new home??
Thanks in advance :D

As most of you know I have got my 37 Gallon up and running. I have a pipe organ coral that is on a round frag. I was wondering if I can take it off the frag and place on my rocks?? If yeah how and what should I do to attach it to its new home??
Thanks in advance :D

Personally I would not touch it due to how brittle it is but if it were to be removed I'd assume super glue gel would work alright. also just putting out there i would not own one myself due to how hard they can be to keep. Hell I'm taking a huge chance on my flowerpot that's a needed little bugger in its self. as to how to get your "NOT GOING TO SET MY SELF UP WITH THAT CORALS NAME AND ALL" lmao... coral no longer connected to the disk I'm not to sure because of it being brittle. again I'd leave it alone and hope it grows out for you. :twocents:

-Kurt :Cheers:

I agree with Kurt, the "pipes are fairly delicate, and if the coral has a decent amount of glue, the pressure from your fingers could very well damage them.

OKay thank you guys!! I will leave it alone. It has been a fairly easy coral to take care of " knock on wood" It has grown at least 4-5 new heads in the month I have had it. I will let it be on the disk it is on now and just place in the new tank! Thanks for all your responses :D

I was thinking that myself that way I dont have a big disk sticking out anywhere. I might cut it down and epoxy it to the rocks in there all ready

yeah cutting down the disk would be best I did that with my flowerpot and many other frags I got. That reminds me I have to check on my St. Thomas tonight see if that bugger attached to its new disk yet :D

Back