Placement

ajt1082

Reefing newb
Hello All-

These three are going to be added to the tank over the next week:

I have 75 gallon setup with newly upgraded (from 260 PCs) T5 Nova Extreme 432 Watt Fixture (thanks to the wife for Christmas)

I have two Hydor 3's one in each back corner facing the front middle. As well as an Aqua C Remora Pro hang on the left side of the tank

My question is placement and flow as I have read conflicting suggestions. I know all will be relatively close to the bottom. But I figured with the knowledge on the forum you would be able to offer specific thoughts on each.

Thanks in advance!

all are pretty good size

Euphyllia glabrescens / Torch Coral

Euphyllia paradivisa / Frogspawn branching

Blastomussa merletti

LASTLY: My Christmas present from my brother is a Magnificent Foxface....I will post pics soon.......its totally awesome.

The torch and frogspawn can go from the bottom to the middle of the tank. Blastos don't like a lot of light, I'd keep those closer to the bottom.

With your lights,You might want to start them all on the bottom and work them up over a couple of weeks.
I've bleaches a few frags because I didnt take the time to acclimate them to the lights.I'm running the same Novas.

I agree with the rest on placement of the corals.
Make sure the Koralias are close enough to the surface to ripple the surface.Better gas exchange that way.

Good luck,congrats and post pics.

Back