Placing my Frogspawn

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I decided to take everyones advise and move my frogspawn. My question is how do you place it on rock? It has a hard base like a stalk. I found a hole in my rock, and it fits in there perfect, with only the tissue outside the rock and the rest in the hole. Will it be fine just setting it there, or does the stalk have to be more exposed?

I like to wedge mine between two rocks with just about an inch of the stem protruding out. that way it can expand all it wants to without being restricted by the rocks around it. Just me though

-Doc

I like to wedge mine between two rocks with just about an inch of the stem protruding out. that way it can expand all it wants to without being restricted by the rocks around it. Just me though

-Doc

Same here.

Not only do frogspawns reproduce by splitting but actual smaller stems pop from the base and sometimes they drop.

Same here.

Not only do frogspawns reproduce by splitting but actual smaller stems pop from the base and sometimes they drop.

Yup and if the head is constricted inside a crevice, you will not get the growth you are looking for. I can be a bit of a trick to find the right place to balance, but it is worth it in the end. If you can find a flat space, put the coral where you want it and place another rock on top of the stem to keep it still.

-Doc

yeah I hope you find a great place for it, you will be happy once you did because there is a real good chance it will split

I used a piece of 1 inch clear vinyl tubing. you can wedge it in the rock or sand, whichever you desire. make it the legth that you want, and drop the stalk of the coral in it. when the polyps are expanded you cannot see the tubing. worked much better than glue for me. and if I decide to move it, I can.

Back