Please Help a Newbie out : (

So I looked at all those fish and I'm very excited I really like the colors on the the royal gramma and really quick I was about to post pictures in the gallery but it says invalid file type is there a certain type of format the pictures have to be in and there high quality so like 5.6 mb pictures

5.6 is probably to large. Compress or shrink the file to make it smaller.

Even easier than adding pics to the gallery is to open up a (free) Photobucket account. Upload your pics there, then simply copy and paste the

So this might be paranoia but one of the hermit crabs from the old aquarium is out of its shell and I have a ton of shells that I have basically thrown in its face but it does not seem to want them. Should I be worried about more deaths. Nitrate= 0 pH= around 8.0-8.2 Nitrite=0 and same with ammonia. The salt level is where it should be at as well. Temperature is around 75 ish. The fish where starting to become active earlier as well until I had to move one of the live rock due to poor placement.

So this might be paranoia but one of the hermit crabs from the old aquarium is out of its shell and I have a ton of shells that I have basically thrown in its face but it does not seem to want them. Should I be worried about more deaths
I've seen hermits do some really weird things, I've had hermits that wouldn't take empty shells only ones they had to eat snails to get or, walk around all day without a shell and then try and fight another hermit for it's shell.

The fish where starting to become active earlier as well until I had to move one of the live rock due to poor placement.
and also the ammonia has risen to about .40 which has me really nervous

Your fish being inactive could be because of the ammonia spike. And your ammonia spike could just be your tank cycling from the move. If you can, you should set up your old tank as a QT and move your fish over to it, until your water parameters stabilize.

Everything is stable this morning except the pH which is even lower at the start of today which is 7.4 I'm gonna test it again in about an hour before I head to the store to pick up some products.

A PH of 7.4 is pretty low.If you have ammonia showing,it could be the cause since ammonia is acidic and will lower the PH.
Be sure to retest the PH just before the lights go out tonight.

I purchased eight.four and my pH has risen drastically and is now at what seems to be a steady level of 8.4 : ). Been this way for the past few hours going to check up on it before lights out.

Back