please help!

murcos

Reefing newb
I just got a new copperband a few days ago, and put him in a q-tank when i got him. He's been being treated with copper the last 4 days...however, the nitrates in the tank soared. I don't know what happened because I took the water from the main tank, and today the levels were right on when I tested. The levels in the q-tank are currently, ammnia - 1, nitrite - .25, and nitrate 10(ppm). I did a quick water change when I found them high, and this is still the levels they are at. Is it better to leave him and continue with changes, or should I put him in the main tank to ensure he doesn't die from the high levels and maybe risk the other fish getting a disease if he isn't totally healthy? Please help!

It is very possible the copper is affecting your test results. you should contact the test kit manufacturer and ask if copper will affect the end result of the nitrate test kit.

If I Were You I Would Leave In Q-tank Until You Find The Problem With Nitrates( If Theres A Problem )would You Rather Loose 1 Fish Or Your Whole Aquarium Also Copperbands Are More Essayer To Stress Which Could Lead To Some Sort Of Out Break In Main Tank If Introduced Into.if Jhnrb Says It Could Be The Test Kit I Would Believe He Is Very Noligable(cant Spell) About Saltwater Keeping Great Guy Has Helped Me Through All Sorts Of Things.hoped This Helped Some.

Back