Please Sir I'd like some more

Snowqueen

Reefing newb
With all you guys experience I was wondering what other inhabitants I could add to my tanks - any advice would be grately received

My 20g Seahorse Tank consists of:

2 x Tigertail Seahorses
Bush Coral
1 x Reidi Seahorse
Toadstool
1 x Goldspecs Jawfish
Orange & Blue Mushrooms
1 x Blackray Shrimp Goby
Silver Gorgonian
1 x Black & White Goby
Purple Gorgonian
1 x Cleaner Shrimp
Red and White Feather Duster
3 x Nassarius Snails
Red Gorgonian
6 x Turbo Snails
Small Strawberry Anemone
4 x Red Legged Hermits
Zoas
1 x Blue Stripe Pipefish

My 96g Reef Tank:

1 x Yellow Tang
Leather Corals
1 x Blue Cheek Goby
Toadstools
2 x Black & White Clowns
Mushrooms
1 x Zebra Dart Goby
Purple Gorgonian
1 x Coral Beauty Angel
Orange Frilly Sponge
4 x Peppermint Shrimps
Pink Bubble Anemone (clowns home)
15 x Snails
Elephants Ear coral
?? x Crabs
Bush Tree Corals
1 x Hawaiian Crab
6 x Cleaner Shrimps

Stick to softies as Ive got TMC LEDs and am not convinced of their ability to maintain hard coral in the larger tank.

Also my larger tank has a 90litre sump with live rock .

I don't run skimmers I'm not a great fan.

Last edited:
I'm a bit oconfused, are those fish or corals you have in there? or both? o_O if those are fish you are way way way overstocked.

okay,
first, i wouldn't add anything else into that 20g. I'm not sure how much waste seahorses produce but you've still got quite a bit going on in there 7 fish in a 20g is a no-no.

as far as your 96g i think you're spot on... figure 3 gallons of water PER inch of fish. So say your tank is 3" long, thats 9 gallons just for him alone....

Yeah to be fair I'm quite content with my 20g although the gobies hide in the rocks all the time, so the only fish I actually see is my jawfish, seahorses and pipefish.

Whereas the 96g I was hoping there might be abit more room, my tang is about 4inches, so has plenty of growing room left - maybe I should concentrate on some corals.

I would concentrate on corals well, you got a ton of fish in those tanks. I would look into zoas, and rics for more corals. They come in tons of different colors and are good low light corals.

okay,
first, i wouldn't add anything else into that 20g. I'm not sure how much waste seahorses produce but you've still got quite a bit going on in there 7 fish in a 20g is a no-no.

Not for seahorses. They don't follow the standard "stocking rules". I am planning on putting 8 of them in my 30 gallon seahorse tank.

Not for seahorses. They don't follow the standard "stocking rules". I am planning on putting 8 of them in my 30 gallon seahorse tank.

ah okay, i was just saying because there were other fish i saw on her list there... she didn't say how big any of the fish were so I was just goin' off the typical :)

Back