Plumbing

galonso52

Reefing newb
What is better for plumbing because I currently have everything with flexible tubing but I've seen most of the custom builds of everyone with solid PVC. Is the solid PVC better and is it worth doing the change. Will it have any effect on the water quality since my tank has already been up and running for about 10 months now. Which one is quiter and better for the tank? I have a 55 gallon corner pre-drilled in the back and it is difficult to get to the back overflow for the change of plumbing.

i wouldnt mess with it ... i have a piece of flexible tubing and it doesnt hurt water quality at all ... if you have been running for 10 months and no problems why bother

Part of my drain is flexible. I think it's fine to leave it as is, but if you ever do a whole new build you might want to consider pvc. I think it's easier to add things like ball valves and unions that give you different options for making water flow adjustments and being able to easily remove sections or pieces of equipment for servicing. You could still do that if you wanted to by cutting out large chunks of the flex in the middle and using pvc nipples to connect the two materials together.

mine is plumbed with pvc, but thats just because its the decision i made when i did the build, i think ultimately it doesnt really matter

Since your tanks up and running.Leave the plumbing like it is.
I'll probable use flex hose on my new build,mainly because of time concerns.

Back