Polyp feeding question

Munch

Reefing newb
I have some small Yellow Polyps (2 actually) and a small short tentacled plate coral (about the size of a nickle) that I have been feeding mysis every 2 or three days. I read somewhere that feeding the polyps will make them spread faster and I just like watching the plate coral eat.

I'm assuming it's ok to feed them this often as they seem happy and I figured if they were full they wouldn't take the food, is that correct? Also, should I be feeding the polyps more to get them to spread/spawn or is what I'm doing enough?

Thanks.

I got the tank in Oct but it was an existing set up from someone else. I don't don't know how long they had the plate and polyps before I got it but the polyps were so tiny you could barely see them and they are about an inch tall now.

Anyone know how long it usually takes for the Yellow Polyps to start spreading?

don't feed em too much. ull just cause problems with your water chemistry. nothing will help your corals grow better then good clean water. the way ur doing it is fine. I feed twice a week. u should switch up there diet a little though. give em a variety.

look into roti-feast or reef chili or coral frenzy. foods like that are smaller and are easier for small polyp corals to eat.

In addition to the mysis I feed them some stuff the previous owner gave me. I don't know what it is but it's a frozen red clump and when I thaw some out in water it's like a bunch of tiny red dots. Corals and fish seem to like it but it's almost gone so I will look in to the other foods recommended.

What do the polyps you have look like? can you upload a picture?

c5.jpg

The Hermit Crabs I got have since ate all the algae in that pic.:Cheers:

Back