polyps

bri74

Reefing newb
so Im at petco the other day and my girl wanted this piece of LR that had some polyps on it the people at the store didnt know what it was and I wasnt gonna tell them so they gave it to her lol! anyhoo has anyone had any luck with these things spreading to other rocks? I read that they do this. Wasnt sure what the situations needed to be.

Are you sure they were polyps and not aiptasia? Because aiptasia's the only thing I've seen growing on the rock at my Petco :D.

They spread relatively quickly. You should see a difference within a month or so, if your water quality is good. And they don't require strong lighting.

cool very good to know we got a new petco in town and its really good comared to the other one water conditions look good tanks are real clean Im actually impressed with this one. Obviously knowledge is a little low but that works good for me lol

GSP grow like a weed,they spread fairly quickly to nearby rocks.I keep mine isolated on the sand bed.It doesn't stop them from spreading across the sand though.I may(eventually)cut some off and stick them on the back glass and overflow towers.

GSP grow like a weed,they spread fairly quickly to nearby rocks.I keep mine isolated on the sand bed.It doesn't stop them from spreading across the sand though.I may(eventually)cut some off and stick them on the back glass and overflow towers.

I took that advice you gave me when I first got my GSP and isolated it. It's a very good idea to keep it from going places you dont want it to go and it makes it very easy to trim when it grows onto your subsrate. I had a small piece glued to my overflow box but just about 2 hours ago accidently knocked it off DOH! now im gonna have a piece of it sprout up somewhere cause i have no idea where it went.

hmm i wonder if i get some to line the walls of my refugium in the side where theres no Chaeto :scratchch

Last edited:
Back