Popeye in French Angel

cjavierpr

Reefing newb
Hi I have an adult french angel and since a couple of days I noticed that it was scratching with the live sand. Today I noticed that its right eye was blurred. In an aquarium near my house they recommend me Chem-Marine. I start the treatment today but I was wondering if it works. Also reading some articles in the site, it shows the same behavior on my angel of scratching and then eye problems and specify that could be pH problem. Today I made a test for pH and it drops from 8,4 to around 7.4-7.8. Could this be my problem?

Low pH could of open the door sort of speak to the fish getting a infection.I've never use the product by I mention in another thread that you should treat it in a QT and not the main tank.

Popeye will usually go away on its own. I've had several fish get it (usually the eye becomes abraded when I've moved them in a net or something like that). As long as the fish is still eating, that's good. Worst case scenario is that their vision gets so bad that they can't see food and starve to death. Although that's never happened to any of my fish. Sometimes they'll lose the eye. But most of the time, they recover just fine.

I like Melafix for pop-eye and other bacteria infections. It works well and I have treated it in the display tank. Best of luck for your french. post us some pics of it, they are so beautiful

-Doc

IMG_1318.JPG
[/IMG]

OK. I have to see more pics of the french angel. Looks like it is just about done with the juvenile phase. beautiful. I love to see people take risks with angels in their tanks. great pic. Love the panther grouper on top (which of course will outgrow the tank in 3 years). I would enjoy a full tank shot. I really do hope your french will pull out.

-Doc

Back