Possible ID??

adampw

Reefing newb
I know this is not the greatest picture but it was really hard to get even that picture. I found it tonight while looking at my tank. It is a tiny tiny little looking worm that started coming out of a tiny hole in my LR. It is red and when looking at it closer it almost looks like a senipede type of worm but ALOT smaller.
100_2766.JPG

Probably a bristleworm. I have several in the tank. Don't do too much, although some people say they are bad, others say not so much. Usually, a sixline wrasse will eat them.

Check the id for yourself here.

Good Luck!

thats a cool looking bristleworm! i hear they are a good part of a clean up crew. i saw 1 in my tank a little while back i hav'nt seen it in awhile. so im guessing they will die off on their own. my 2 cents

wat really. i dont post much about it cuz its kinda boring im getting a bigger in a week. 100g with a 50g sump 2x250 MH im planing on like 175-200 pounds of liverock all togther. thats it in a in a nut shell. lol

Bristleworm. Excellent cleaner. You have tons in your tank and don't even realize it. They hide under and in rocks and are nocturnal. They are one of the good guys.

Back