Powder Brown

Your welcome,and hopefully things will turn around for you and you can keep one of those beautiful powder browns:bounce:

I've never tried fresh veggies. It just doesn't seem necessary to me if they are getting seaweed. I mean, seaweed and algae are natural food sources for them. Broccoli, zucchini and lettuce don't grow underwater, so why go out of your way to feed them something unnatural?

I feed Julian Sprung seaweed sheets, Emerald Entree, and other frozen foods. For vitamins I use Selcon, and I use garlic extract.
Theses don't grow underwater either...:lol: not to mention the mysis and bloodworms so many feed.
I've been told by a few very experienced keepers that since there is almost nothing natural about keeping fish in tanks,its best to wean them off of alot of their natural tendencies and get them eating stuff that is alittle more reasonable for us to provide...Its probably why some fish, such as idols never really do adapt well,they just can't handle the change.Then there are angels, most eat almost nothing but sponges in the ocean,but have seemed to adjust pretty well to veggies......but like i say,if it aint broke:D
Oh and i never said lettuce,i don't feed them that

Last edited:
I think the main thing with powder browns,is making sure other fish dont bully them.
That seems to cause them more problems than any thing else.

I don't think the powder browns are as difficult as the powder blues.Personally,I bought the majority of my fish from the Den,QT for me.

Back