Powerfilter into a Algae Scrubber???

My tank has nitrates and a lot of algae. If an algae scrubber works as ive read, then it would solve all my problems.

Also i have a question, if an algae scrubber removes all the nitrates and phosphates, then how does the algae on the algae scrubber stay alive???

but if the algae on the scrubber eats up all ALL the nitrates and phosphates, there would be no more left in the water for it to eat and it would die Right?

10.00 worth of chaeto in your sump or five would help too. Also, you need to locate the source of your phosphate and nitrate and address that issue first.

So a ball of cheato is just as good as an algea scrubber???

I have monster amounts of cheato growing in my fuge.

I would say so! From where i see it, i dont see any difference between the two, they both do the exact same time. The hair algae might grow a little faster, but if you have big ball of cheato the difference should be minimal.

I run an algae scrubber because I simply dont have the room for a nice sized fuge. For me the set up is much more convient (sp?) for the POS stand i have.

good. there will always be some level of the nitrogen cycle going on even if you dont have fish. Every little creature plays some role in it.

Back