Powerhead Advice

blazk

Reefing newb
Hey all i have a 66G tank aka 4ft x 1.5 x 1.8 (250l ish) i got a person selling me 4 x Sunsun JVP (5000l/h) for pretty much free, so im wondering how many would i need in my tank?

At the present i have 2 (1 x maxiget 1200, 1 x Rio (cant remember the model). I want to replace them anyways.

Also where in the tank should they be placed?

I have a center weir with return tubes 1 on each side facing towards the bottom front corners.
Here is a pic of the current setup. (sorry about the size easier to see the detail this way)
gettingthere.JPG

Any help on this would be great, Thanks for reading.

Blaz, it all really depends on what type of corals you want to keep. If mostly LPS then I would say two or three, if you want to get into SPS I would get all four of them(Ive never heard of the brand just so you know)

Sunsun are the Chinese knockoffs of Tunze you see on ebay.
Hey Blazk, I've heard terrible things about them.....fyi.
Also, I don't know what your power / plugs are like in Australia, but for USA, we need USA/CHINA power adapters for these things.

Why don't you go with Koralias?

Well i got a great deal from a local reefer.
4 x Hydor Koralias 3000Lph for $100 think they will do the trick ?

sounds like a good deal! they should work well in your tank. I'd start with 2 of them, one on each end and see where your at...... the primary goal is to not have any "dead spots" but still not blow your sand all over the place....

good luck

Tanks looks GREAT BTW

Thanks acerhigh I am looking forward to converting a Fish Only with Liverock (FOLR) to some soft corals, now that i have the flow for it.

Back