Powerhead Placement

matthew1048

Wurd to ya motha
Recently I've been trying to plan everything out for my tank and I've run upon a problem. I'd really like to not have ANY equipment inside my tank...but from what I can tell, powerheads have to go inside the tank. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Possibly tips on placement, or an alternative???

If your running a trickle filter or sump you can split the return and use that if you have a big enough pump.You can also hide your powerheads inside your rock as long as leave enough room to get them out for cleaning and use something to keep your livestock out of the supply side.

I have yet ever seen powerheads completely hidden.I think there will be something showing rather it be powerheads,inlet pipes,or other equipment.
There are alternatives but I can't think of any.

Thanks y'all. I'm sure by the time I get to that point, placement of equipment, I'll be pulling my hair out.....I'm a big perfectionist, Morgan says I have a OCD.....nevertheless I have a lot of unessecary stress in my life because of it.....LOL.

have you ever looked into a closed loop system? the only thing you will see in you tank is a piece of pvc. they are very neat.

Back