Powerheads and Noise

Biff,When those new Koralias come in,How about giving me a full review of em.I want to konow how well they would work on a wave maker.See if they click or not.

I'll be hooking them up to a RKE.

Biff,the evo are shaftless,if I recall correctly.Less vibration and noise although I never heard any noise coming from my old first gen K's.You gonna get a wavemaker?

Nah I'm not planning on getting a wavemaker. Maybe down the road, but that's not on the radar right now.

I'm only running 2 of the 4 powerheads in my tank right now, since I cleaned them this morning I realized that one is way worse than the other 3 as far as noise go, so I just took it off. And I turned off one of the others because the new sailfin has taken refuge behind it and I'd rather him get comfortable in the tank than have to be out in the open battling the yellow again.

Biff your always having problems with powerheads for some reason? Either they shockin ya or they are to loud. :zap:

These are the same powerheads that were shocking the tank a while back too. Even more reason to just go ahead and replace them, right?

The Evolutions are GREAT! I ordered 4, since I used 4 K3s in my tank, but I only needed 3 of them. I'll save the extra one as a spare. Their flow is a lot wider than the K3s, the impellers don't click or buzz at all, and the housing is much easier to put on and take off. No metal parts, so it's a lot less noisy. And they are smaller in size. I'm very happy with them.

Back