poylps want open

NewBeeMommy1

Reefing newb
:grumble: or do these not open,,,i've had them since friday and they've not opened....there's like 50 on one rock....they are green and there like a little dome with a hole in the top...help:frustrat:

Were they opened in the LFS? If so it could be a light issue. Where are they in the tank? Type of lights? Can you post a pic so we tell if they're zoas or something else?

nope sorry cant post a pic...but i bought a whole system from a guy for 100...i posted about it ,,,,so its got the same lights on it and in the same spot he had them but i never asked him if they we'er open when he had them....

If his tank was in bad shape (poor water quality, diseases, etc.) they may take a really long time to open up, because they've been "sick". But if everything was okay in his tank, it's not unusual for corals to take a few days to adjust and open up after they've been moved.

they had some green slime on em so i took a small baby tooth brush and removed it..then i put it back but the salt was high in the water he had...its perfect now and got the fish lookin good agine so lets pray..

If you dropped the salinity to fast,that can stress the coral.Corals dont handle quick changes as well as fish do.

last night i was putting the polyp rock close to the top of the tank and ,,just toched one of the polyps and it poped right off not kidding just rubbed up to it and it fell off into the water....i think its to far gone...but oh well i got bucket of salt hardley any gone from it...sand and rock and lights so i got a good deal for 100.oo win some lose some ......

Back