Pretty sure I have a vermetid snail next to my scoly

Treezer8

Reefing newb
Right next to my scoly I've had what seems exactly like a vermetid snail. I constantly see the snotty webby stuff they put out every day.

What should I do? The little tube thing he's in is a little smaller than the eraser on a pencil

You can cover it with super glue gel. Or break it off (which is what I did to the annoying ones in my big tank).

Well it looks like this is the only one, and it's doing pretty well I guess.

So I can take the rock that the scoly is on, and jam some coral glue down the snails little home? or should I take a pair of pliers and break it off? It's touching the side of the scoly..so I'm thinking I'll go with the glue route

They are harmless unless their webs are irritating corals. So if it's not bothering anything you can leave it alone.

If you want to get rid of it, putting some superglue in the hole is probably the easiest way to deal with it. You can break the tube off if it's touching the coral.

Well I've been looking them up and it seems like they can get out of control..so I don't want my tank turning into a scene from spider-man. I'll put some glue on it today and see if that does the trick.

Just noticed 2 small ones on a rock on the other side of the tank..damnit

whenever I glued the one next to the scoly, I came back in 2 minutes and found a hermit that was trying to eat it and got stuck -.-

Back