Prime

Cheeser

I Love Reefer
does anyone use this stuff?
"Prime"
ive used it for years i dont know if i actually need to.
it says to use when adding water. do i need to if im using ro water?
also it says when adding new fish. to lower ammonia and to lower nitrites.
it seems like i go through alot of it sometimes.
what about stress coat? or stress zyme? there pretty much all the same right?
what do u guys n gals think?

It helps neutralize the chlorine and chloramine, but I never use it....if you're using RODI, it already removes the chlorine for you anyway. Plus it might affect your skimmer's ability to remove waste.

I keep a small bottle of prime on hand in case of an emergency. It neutralizes ammonia. Have never needed to use it.

crazy...what about stress coat? it says it helps fish regenerate natural slime coat.
is there anything that might help calm down a new arrival when acclimating?

You can turn the lights off right away, that is what I usually do. And when you add that stress coat stuff to the water it usually ends up screwing with the skimmer and I cant see how that stuff is going to be good for your corals. A healthy fish will have a good slime coat already, and if an unhealthy fish is put into an environment where he wouldnt regenerate his slime coat naturally, then I cant imagine how adding some stuff to the water will make him so do. Different fish produce different types of slime coat, some have a lot, some have very little. Finally, having an excess of slime coat actually be detrimental to your fish because it makes it harder for their gills to work correctly.

Back