Problems =/

JoeG

Reefing newb
so i had a battle with green hair algae i fixed that problem and now my water is cloudy and every day i get an algae bloom on my sand bed. I have a 28g jbj nano cube with stock filter with the bio cube protain skimmer & os-101 500 gph circulation pump. water test are right where their suppose to be and i do 5 gallon water changes weekly with rodi water.i have deep sand bed and about 25lbs of live rock i thought i was doing everything right but have had nothing but problems

how did you fix the problem? how deep is the sand bed? is the sand bed being stirred up by sumthing? and params? exact numbers? saying there perfect isnt helping us and if there is phosphates the algae will use it up as much as its produced so it will read 0

and others will chime in soon

red seas algae management program bulked up the CUC and a tooth brush. 3". i stir it manually to get rid of the algae amonia, nitrate ,nitrite 0 ph 8.4

enough said right?? That will cause your nitrates to rise. Just attempt to manually siphon out the algae, get some invertibrates and keep up on water changes. Also I would try some GFO pellets in a mesh bag, as well as carbon back in your filter. Just my .02

No, you don't want them in the same bag. Replace the bag of carbon with the GFO.
Also, what is in the rear chambers of your bio cube?

heater and protein skimmer and its a nano cube if that makes a difference . i wanna up grade my skimmer to the hydor nano slim skim .

No, you don't want them in the same bag. Replace the bag of carbon with the GFO.
Also, what is in the rear chambers of your bio cube?

I dont understand....I used to run Chemi Pure Elite and it is carbon and GFO in the same mesh bag. Whats the logic behind this?

so my water has cleared up now and not nearly as much alge on the sand bed . I did and extra water change last week and retuned my skimmer i believe it was my skimmer not being properly tuned that was causing me my problems

Back