Protein Skimmer for 55 gallon tank

FishTales

Reefing newb
Anyone know how dirty my protein skimmer should get in 1 day? I have this seaclone hooked up and it's been running for 2 weeks. It only had maybe 2 oz of crap in the cup. I have 2 Tangs, clownfish, royal gramma, 5 hermits, 1 pom pom crab , sea urchin. about 40 lbs of live rock and 4 colonies of corals.

And yes I bought the seaclone at the advice of the aquarium guy BEFORE I read all the bad reviews. So I just want to make sure it is working ok.

It all depends on your waste load. With that many fish I would think your cup should be full at least once a week.

I am running the Aquatraders PS-75 skimmer in my sump on a 29g frag tank with about 25g of sump and fuge. Total water volume is around 55g. I have only 1 damsel fish in the frag tank. I feed him every day. I use a turkey baster to feed my LPS corals about once a week.

I empty my cup once a week. It's about 3/4 full. I'd say about 6-8oz of muck.

Ok ...I was thinking maybe because I just upgraded my tank and it is fairly new. I have only been feeding fish every 2 days and spot feed my corals during those times also. have an algae sheet in there all the time for the tangs. Next week I will start feeding everyday. I will give it a couple months.

Thanks for the response~

Back