Purple mushrooms

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
Are these things really rare? They have a rock at my LFS that has about 8 of them on it for 35$ bucks..which is a pretty decent deal. I drove to a fish shop about an hour away and they have single mushrooms for 40$, also purple. I asked the owner about it and he says they are very, very rare so they fetch a huge pricetag.

Just wondering if I should pick up that other piece tomorrow.

Purple mushrooms are some of the most common corals out there. They are really pretty, and really easy to keep, so they are a great choice for any tank. I'm not sure why the dude said they were rare, or how he could price them for $40 each. Are you sure they were the exact same type?

Rare my arse! These things are very common like biff said and grow really fast. I bought 6 on a rock for 8.99 when one of the LFS had a sale.

If I could give you a negative remark in spite, I would, lol. The only thing I could get for 9 bucks from my LFS is some aipastia.

They were identical looking. Dunno if they are different or not, but they looked the same. Well, now I'm going to pass on that 40$ one tomorrow.

Because I'm so far south, shipping is outrageous. RCpilot and I tried to work something out and it was going to be a ton for shipping. Maybe I could get lucky and find someone in houston or SA...

Good point Bobby. Shrooms are tough and wouldn't have to be shipped overnight.

I wish shipping charges weren't so much on everything! Where are the good ole days when shipping was just free? :(

They are not very rare

100_1572.JPG

They were a much deeper color than those, almost a purple-blue color. Maybe because they were smaller...dunno.

I'm still working on my 50 posts so I can see classifieds at RC : / It's harder than it sounded at first, lol.

You don't have to have 50 to buy things, just sell. Unless they have changed it since the change of forum.

Yeah, apparently they changed it at some point in time. There are a bunch of people complaining about it on other forums..I did a quick search because I wasn't sure what was up....

Liveaquaria is going to charge me like 35$ for 2 day shipping.

I'm just trying to find a good deal on some small frags! Rcpilot and I tried to work something out but shipping from Az to me was going to be crazy..never would have even thought to try 2 day travel.

I've been reading there since yesterday trying to find posts that I can read add to..lot of rude..or maybe just overly blunt people there.

Oh yeah that site is filled with insufferable assholes. The only time I post is to buy and sell stuff, and even then people are jerks!

When I set up Colin's (sales guy at work) Marine tank last Feb we bought live rock out of one of Big Al's display tanks

We only got the rock out of the display because they were running low on what they had and it was shit (and tiny) they sold it too us for $5/lb and it was covered in tiny feather dusters and those purple mushrooms.

Back