question for nano reefers!

saltaqariumnoob

imaginative reefer
hey guys, im asking around as to what types of fish are best, in your guys' experience, for a nano reef tank (29 gal). I looked on the nano fish section of liveaquaria.com but everyone is seeming to have different things work! So for all you nano reefers out there, what types of fish/inverts work for you?! also any good recomendations for a good CUC?? thanks for reading!

I'd say clownfish, dotty backs, chromis', gobies, firefish, blennies... and whatever inverts you pretty much want, except large hermit crabs and mantis shrimp.

Get the snowflake clowns (Pricey, but they look cool!). Or the Onyx ones. And, I'd recommend mainly snails for CUC (maybe shrimp too). Hermits are a personal preference. I have some in mine, but I'm willing to replenish my snail population every so often.

hey guys, im asking around as to what types of fish are best, in your guys' experience, for a nano reef tank (29 gal). I looked on the nano fish section of liveaquaria.com but everyone is seeming to have different things work! So for all you nano reefers out there, what types of fish/inverts work for you?! also any good recomendations for a good CUC?? thanks for reading!

I have 2 clowns 2 cardinal fish and a yellow goby, they all get along great and my water is in check! In all honesty I know its not the right thing to do but I want to add 1 or 2 more fish bc there is soooooo much room in the tank bc my goby lives in the sand, my clowns hosted my mushrooms so they don't even swim around that much, and my cardinal fish, well they are boring lol

I have 2 clowns 2 cardinal fish and a yellow goby, they all get along great and my water is in check! In all honesty I know its not the right thing to do but I want to add 1 or 2 more fish bc there is soooooo much room in the tank bc my goby lives in the sand, my clowns hosted my mushrooms so they don't even swim around that much, and my cardinal fish, well they are boring lol

I would not. You will start adding stress to your fish that you have and chances are you will have an outbreak of some sort. If you want to add more, get rid of some. If you do add more, you may get lucky but is it worth it to you?

Back