Questions About Shipping Corals

BryanS

Reefing newb
I see where everyone buys corals online and gets them shipped to them. I havent found any stores close to me with nice looking corals. I also dont see any websites that ship close to me. How far can corals be shipped and still arrive healthy and fine? I dont want to order something that has to ship across the country and arrive dead.

Your fine ordering from any reputable dealer online. If you look in the vendor feedback section you'll find many places that we've all bought corals from online and received them healthy at our doorstep

Where did those corals come from in the first place? Usually the Pacific and Australia. Unless they are aquacultured, they were shipped a lot farther than across the US to get to your LFS.

Most places online ship overnight, Fedex or UPS. Shipping overnight is fine. I've never had a problem with ordering online, except one time Fedex lost my box for 4 days. Even then, only one coral out of about 20 didn't make it.

Don't worry about shipping. It's not a problem. Almost all of us buy corals online, and most places have a guarantee that they will arrive alive.

Back