Questions for RKE owners

leon1972

Reefing newb
With the PC4 and the ES1 do I still need a GFCI or are the fail safes for that stuff built in ?

Are the MLC and alc modules have the same functions? I want full lghting control but for now I only have 2 MLC modules for now

Does it matter what order I put my modules in?

A GFCI measures the current going in through the circuit against the current going out, this trips the GFCI when different meaning that you are loosing current somewhere along the line.

Another way of putting this is standard breaker or fuse are a measure against major overloads in the circuit. If a circuit is running @14.5 amps it will not trip a 15 amp breaker but will trip a GFCI if the input line is 14.5 and the output line is 14.2.

I deal with water and electricity everyday and know all to well the danger of mixing the two.

A GFCI will protect against stray current in water. Some people use grounding probes to attract stray current if there is any. However when a grounding probe is used it can cancel out the GFCI by allowing a path of less resistance to be available. I won't use a grounding probe on my tank, but everyone has their own opinion.

Back