Wavemaker stopped working

clancaster23

Reefing newb
I have two Jebao wp40's in my 180 gallon reef. Just noticed today that they newer of the two has stopped running. I look at the controller and the lights are off on it and the ac adapter light is flashing the green light. If I unplug it from the pump the lights turn on like normal. If I plug the pump back it, the lights go off like a second after. I used the ac adapter and controller on my still working one and that one works like normal so that tells me something is up with the pump. I took it out and although the impeller was nice and free like it should be, after cleaning it still does nothing and the lights stay off on the controller. I contacted the seller that I got it from on eBay to see about warranty but I'm guessing it'll be no and I'll have to get another pump. Two questions. One, is there any way to see what's wrong with this one? Two, if it's dead, I was thinking of upgrading this one with a 60 but not 100% sure the same ac adapter and controller will run any size pump? I figure a new 40 is about $45, I can get a pump only for $53 so I may as well upgrade and pay only a couple bucks more.

Back