Quick question about my clowns

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
I've been noticing that my clownfish never take advantage of the height of my tank. I had a damsel in there that would love to take the powerheads up to the top and swim against the current, but these clowns are always in the last 5" of the tank.

I'm just worried because I'm considering getting a watchman goby and I don't want them to pick on him.

Anything I can do to influence them to swim up higher?

He's just shy. I don't think you can do much about it. When I got mine, (I got a few), when one swim up to play with the current, all the other follow. After they got bigger and started fighting, I removed the troublemaking pair. The remaining pair always stay near the bottom unless it's feeding time.

Clowns are territorial. Once they find a place they like, they will rarely leave it. Usually it's a really small area, like a six inch radius.

Since it looks like they are getting down in the lower portion of my tank, think I will have to avoid bottom dwellers?

It sucks too, they are always on the back corner of the tank. You can see it perfectly from the front of the tank. But from where I always sit they're hidden.

A bossy Clown would bother every single new fish even the new fish is twice his size. It's all about luck sometimes.

I`m like DC as I have clowns and watchmans and they dont bother each other. I have a pink spotted goby and if they were fighting I`d be more concerned for the clowns. My pink spotted goby would tear a clown up.

Back