Quick question

youtoo54

Reefing newb
I have a nova extreme 48" 2 x 54 watt T5 light 1 bulb is 460nm Actinic and the other is a 54 watt 10,000k T5HO on my sons 55g tank. Will this be ok for any kind of corals? Somone recomend a begginer coral that is easy?

You mean these? Those are 6 bulbs. If that's what your talking about then it should be enough for just about anything. If it's only 2 54 watt bulbs then it my be a little low.

Last edited:
I don't want to really upgrade. We have the 180 tank we are fixing to spend a big chunck of money on lighting. He basically wants fish only like a puffer and maybe a lion fish. I was just wondering if there was some low light coral or mushrooms that we could put in there also.

Here is a list of soft corals that only need low lighting. If you want to change it then click on "Lighting Low" on the right hand side of the screen.

Mushrooms can work with little to no light and rics are pretty good but can lose a lot of color without the light. I would say if you just want fish, these are fine, but realise the fish will most likely eat all the nice corals :( a member here, nemo had a real struggle trying to keep mushrooms because his fish devoured them in seconds!

Back