Reaching out of my rock?

BowFront

The Turf Tanker
I noticed something move when I was looking on the side of one of my bigger live rocks. It is white with a few small browns spots, about 3/4 of an inch long and is shaped like a crab claw when its open. The shape and thickness reminds me of a venus fly trap and it closes and curls up when I tap on the glass. There are 2 of them in one small hole, it seemed like it was attached to the rock and could curl up but not move locations? Any guesses?

Will post Pics in the morning

It is none of the above... It is extended during the day as well as night and it closes the hole on the end and tucks in tight when disturbed.
Here are the pics... The only thing I could find online that even kind of resembles it was Barnacles. I did not do much reading on them but is that something that could just show up on a live rock? It is Fiji rock that I got from a friend, he had ordered online about a year ago.

Attachments

• DSC06255a.jpg
    DSC06255a.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 343
  • DSC06256a.jpg
    DSC06256a.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Could be I guess? I can only see the one side and it looks like it has a mouth on the end so I didn't think it was a clam. Do they move around the tank? I was planning to move that rock around, if it ends up in the light can it move to a darker spot on its own?

Clams dont move, and im sure its a clam (not a pretty one and as long as it isnt moving around) im just not 100% sure about the name

Back