Recommended HOB skimmer?

Charliegrs

Reefing newb
I have a 10 gallon aquarium I plan on using for a sump. I want to have a refugium in it, and I wont have much room for a skimmer so Im thinking of using a HOB skimmer. Ive heard that HOB skimmers are tough to get operating properly, is this true for the most part? Does anyone use a brand and model that they are perfectly happy with? I have been looking at Reef Octopus's line of HOB skimmers since I know thats a reputable brand. These skimmers in particular: Hang on Back HOB Reef Octopus Protein Skimmers Does anyone here use these?

BTW, my display tank is 55 gallons.

Yep, i have the BH 100, recommended by the fine people here, and im glad i took the advice, its good for my 32 Gallon, pulls out a lot of gunk, the only problem was the install kinda hard with terrible instructions, but found them on the web easy enough!

That'll be a good one, It's what I used before I switched to a scrubber. If you're going to use it on the 10g you'll need to build a small stand to prop the tank up on becasue the skimmer body is taller then a 10g tank.

Back