Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse GONE!

Cam

Reefing newb
I got him about two months ago he is always out and about and comes to eat when I feed him. Yesterday I got home and he was missing! I thought I'd give it a day so I got home today and panicked. I've looked around and can't find any sign of him. There is no way he jumped out and I read that this guy wont bury himself in the sand. Any ideas?

these guys can make it out of the tinniest of holes, so there is still a possibility he jumped. However, I would give him a few days before panicking.

Well there is a tiny tiny gap that I guess would be possible to slip through but I checked all around it and couldn't see anything

Yeah I checked everywhere I could think of really, I'm hoping he's hiding somewhere. He did get in a fight over some food the night before he disappeared and I could see he was pretty stressed afterwards but it seemed like he shook that off pretty quick.

No, no cats or dogs but i do have a bunny that might try to eat him! ha. Still no sign of him tonight :( I think I'll try that brine shrimp idea in the morning

jumpers are most frustrating. i love the look of an open top but one suicide and theres a chance youve already paid for a canopy. hope the wrasse turns up ok.

Still no sign of him, I don't expect to find him alive now but it's still driving me nuts. I haven't seen an ammonia spike either. He was the biggest thing in there and my cleanup crew is pretty weak right now so I have a hard time thinking he would completely disappear in a day or two. O well, I this kinda thing happens I guess but it's still so frustrating! Thanks for everyone's suggestions

Back