red sea coral pro ca test

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
So since my calcium is high at the moment at 520 i decided to test my water change water and its way high at about 540 with elos test. Now i was low on calcium about 4 weeks back at 370 and then started doesing kalk and now its high. So when i do my wayer change its going to make it higher. Now as long as i dont add any more kalwk i should be fine right couse it should start to drop in the 2 weeks before my next change right ??

Here are my test results

Temps are at 78.8 at night 79.3 day
Salinity: 1.025
Ph 8.1
Nitrates 5 ppm
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Phosfates 025 or less almost no change on test
Mg. 1350
Ca. 520
Kh 8

So yeah kh on change water is 12

So everything should be fine as long as i stop using the kalkwiser right ?

Yes, you should stop dosing anything that adds Ca to your aquarium with test results of 500+ ppm.

As your corals/snails/what ever consume Ca and you do water changes, your Ca levels will gradually drop on you.

As a forewarning. It is very dangerous to dose your tank with anything without testing for it before you dose...

I wouldn't dose it period. A level of 370 is fine unless you have a tank full of SPS. Anything about 350 is fine. I don't think you have anything in your tank that needs or uses that much calcium. In this hobby, trying to fix something that isn't broken in the first place is just going to break other things. ;)

And if you are going to dose, there are much better and safer ways than kalk. Using a liquid calcium supplement, for example.

You can do water changes to bring it down, and without a lot of calcium consuming animals in your tank, it may take awhile for the levels to come down if you just wait.

Last edited:
Well thats just it my water change water reads high also on the calcium. But yeah im not dosing anything untill that calcium drops. I just hope my kh dont drop any since its only at 8 .

Back