Red Spaghetti Worms

stormystormy11

Reef Addicted!
I have these in both my tanks and have left them alone but lately they have really been bothering a couple colonies of zoa's. They are irritating them and keeping them closed. Can I pick them off with out the chance of them spreading even more? Is there anything that eats them?

well if all you see is there hair cutting it wont help really. you will need to get to the body witch is in the rock.
they dont do any real harm other than making your rock look hairy lol.
they eat left over food and waist and etc. but eather a 6 line wrasse or a camel or hurcules shrimp might eat it.

Find where the "hairs" are coming out of the rock.Once found,place a dab of superglue gel over the hole.That will either trap the worm inside the rock or force it to relocate.

Well, I have a small arsenal of super glue now..lol Have tried all of them..only works if I can use them outside of the tank. Maybe it's the brand.

Super glue gel is one of the most common things used in this hobby. I have no idea why it wouldn't work for you. Try a gel kind instead. I like the Loctite brand.

I have that too..I've tried that attaching corals to rocks and by the time it hits water, it gets a white "film" and won't attach. I've attached all my corals by taking them out of the tank attaching a small piece of rock that will fit into a crevice of the rock and then smashing some epoxy on the edges of that..quite the process...

yea it will get a white film but you need to use a big glob of glue and it will stick you need to hold it for a min or so but it will stick. the white is just a skin on the glue

Back