Reef Breeders Crazy !!!

I found a Group Buy to join that was a direct purchase from Evergrow. Love saving some $. Waiting for mine to arrive.

These are NOT the same fixture. Maybe a close knock off but not the same
Reef breeders has more colors. Everglow is cool blue and cool white
ReefBreeders includes shipping. The othe site I can't find their shipping info.

Copied from ReefBreeders
The whites/colors, royal blues, and moonlights are all separately programmable. The fixtures come with fully adjustable, and tilt-able hanging kits. The exact color combination is as follows: channel 1; 12 4500K neutral whites, 6 480nm blues, 2 660nm reds, and 6 410-420nm violets. Channel 2; 26 450nm royal blue, Channel 3; 3 480nm blue moonlights, for a total of 55 3 watt LEDs. Each unit measures about 16" long x 8.5" wide x 2.5" tall. The fixture comes with 60, 90, or 120 degree optics, and our premium hanging kit (which other companies charge $50 for) for only $319 shipped. We put 120 degree optics on the moonlights and 660nm reds.

Copied from Alibaba.com
Light Source:LEDItem Type:Aquarium LightsLED Light Source:Bridgelux / Cree
Input Voltage(V):AC85-260VLamp Power(W):120Lamp Luminous Flux(lm):13200
Lamp Luminous Efficiency(lm/w):110CRI (Ra>):80Color Temperature(CCT):3500K-12000K
Working Temperature(℃):-20 - 60Working Lifetime(Hour):50000IP Rating:IP65
Certification:CE,RoHSEmitting Color:Blue / WhiteBase Type:US/EU/GB/AU plug
Place of Origin:Guangdong China (Mainland)Brand Name:EvergrowModel Number:IT2040
LED Brand:Bridgelux / CreeLED Quantity:28x3W Blue and 27x3W WhiteLED Wavelength:Blue: 455nm
LED Color Temperature:White: 10000KDimensions:400x200x70mmNet Weight:3.6kg
Gross Weight:16kg/4pcsLighting type:dimmable led aquarium lightModel:IT2040
Brand:Evergrow

Actually if you serch on the alibab you will see that they also have the full spectrum ones, Look at it closely it also has the multy plug thing and the same exact controller, but if you like spending more money go ahead and believe what you want. after searching on the site also noticed they have the 24'' version also. lol I think im going to order about 500 units and put civicdemon on it and call them DemonBreeder LEDS lol.

Here is the detail of the IT2040 you can get direct from Evergrow..... They are the manufacturer of the Reefbreeders (I don't call that a knock off). They are full spectrum... Main difference is they are only 90 degree optics and you can't get the 48" version (exclusive to reefbreeders).

Attachments

• IT2040[smallpdf.com].pdf
    294.1 KB · Views: 1,428
Here is the detail of the IT2040 you can get direct from Evergrow..... They are the manufacturer of the Reefbreeders (I don't call that a knock off). They are full spectrum... Main difference is they are only 90 degree optics and you can't get the 48" version (exclusive to reefbreeders).
I don't know where you got this info. But it's not the info on the OP link the two links to the fixtures in the OP is where I pulled my info from. All I'm saying is that the two fixtures posted are not the same also I find the alibaba listing self contradicting and I don't trust that.

so im researchincloseg lights yes this is an old post but im some more info from folks with more info would be nice im looking to get the 48reefbreedrers light and if it is a knock off what is a tall tell sign..thay do look close

As with many things, a manufacture makes the unit sells it to another party and they put their name on it. There is always a trade off for value and you get what you pay for. Look at marineland reef ready LEDs and Beamsworks LEDs same fixture. This isn't new a topaz and a Taurus are the same car. Just without some of the amenities.

I still think that the units in question on this thread are not apples to apples.

I talked to Logan at Reef Breeders about the lights a while back and his lights are made by Evergrow. Logan offers a two year warranty where others selling Evergrow only offer one year. He also sets up the bulbs a little differently. Reef Breeder is the only one offering the 48" fixture unless something has changed recently.

Here's a pic of mine, had these for about 6 months and I love them. $275 for it delivered on sale. Programmable and full spectrum. I just ordered a 4 panel set for my 85 Minireef.

iG2bgBA.jpg

2' system
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...justable-with-2-panels/117944_1405175766.html

4' system
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...-design-sunrise-sunset/117944_1306857623.html

One of my LFS had one set up and it looked sweet and the corals looked amazing under it. He has been running it for a couple months and is getting a lot of growth. He isn't selling them and has always been honest with me (sometimes brutally). I hope to have some experience with the Arctic so26 by the end of the week b/c I ordered two of them. Same light just not programmable. I really like the spread of the LEDs vs the reef breeders. Evergrow makes these too just a different box design with four individual heat sinks. Another thing is it doesn't have the plastic shield. I have been doing a lot of research on these and I am convinced. When they come in I will show more on my showcase thread.

also guys and gals the wife has said that i can start my wish list for my first reef build the 72g bowfront got some plumbing parts on the way from glass holes the 1500 over flow with two 3/4 locline return kits flex pvs,pump,drill guide flex tube and stuff.i well try and get a build thread started to show my progress wish me luck..
:D

salt for brains this light is slimmer,but what is the par vs the reef breeder light..more less the same?
People have done the PAR tests on a couple other sites and they were very comparable. There is more distance between the LEDs so it is a tad less on the Ocean Revive. I can't run my reef breeder at 100% now so I feel like I will be fine.

Back