Reef Spider webs

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
OK so I cleaned the glass today stirring up a little sand. I had seen some long white threads coming from an area of the rock stack and figured no big deal, well this time the sand settled and I see a huge web of these threads that covers a 6" by 3" area. Its set up like a web, I have heard of this before but dont remember exactly what it was, I cant get a picture because my camera sucks. Any ideas? Something to worry about?

Two things throw out a thread.

Vermetid snails-if you see the tube the snail lives in than this is what you have.
Comb jellies-very,very fine thread that splits to more threads like feathers.Harmless,will tend to die out in time.

Man Ryan I to have a ton of these. And today they have gone crazy and threw their webs everywhere! I did disturb the refugium a tad and there were tiny particles in the tank. Im sure thats what caused it. Its just there are so many of them. Piggy I was kinda wondering how i would do the super glue thing?

You can apply super glue gel underwater safely. Just take the glue and squirt some on the tubes. It won't hurt any of your other animals, and it cures underwater. Be sure to use the gel though.

Back