Reef tank on steroids!!

JellyMan

Reef enthusiast
As some of you know I have a 29 gal reef tank with jerms help this tank has come a long way. Well night before last we put a 250w MH over it just to see how it would fan out, worried about it all day long yesterday went home and OMG the difference I dont really care for the yellow tint however the growth was phenominal I was using PC I know lights are expensive but if you have a coral It would behoove you to invest in MH or HQI Ill see if I can get pics posted sometime soon.

HQI's are MH's. They are just two types. HQI's are the double ended bulbs and the other, more affordable, version is mogul single ended. Just an FYI for those out there that aren't that familiar with metal halide lighting.

:mrgreen:

If jelly would ever shut his mouth and listen to everything I say he would have heard me say that "I'm not getting HQI mine srew in, HQI are double ended". But as usual he hears what he wants to.

Jelly, you may not be used to things swelling up real big (he he), but that is more than likely what happened. I am fairly sure they didn't grow, noticeably, in one day.

no lol not all of them I can tell diffence in some of them like my frog has more babies, gsp has babies and two of my xenias have babies lol. I know that some of them swole up Im talking about growing due to the babies.

jermpool said:
If jelly would ever shut his mouth and listen to everything I say he would have heard me say that "I'm not getting HQI mine srew in, HQI are double ended". But as usual he hears what he wants to.
are we on the not listening subject do I have to bring up the record you created?

I totally should have bought MH's instead of my Current Satellite Dual. If onlhy I knew then what I know now. Maybe I will add a MH pendant to is as well.

sailfin said:
Jelly, you may not be used to things swelling up real big (he he), but that is more than likely what happened. I am fairly sure they didn't grow, noticeably, in one day.
lol No that has taken 25 years to grow and sometimes it still dont listen to me!! :shock:

Back